Arizona State linebacker Koron Crump granted extra year of eligibility
Arizona State senior linebacker Koron Crump was awarded an extra year of eligibility Friday after his medical hardship waiver was accepted by the NCAA.
Crump submitted the waiver in December after a torn ACL ended his senior season. The 6-foot-3, 218-pound linebacker suffered the injury in the Sun Devils’ third game of the season against Texas Tech.
He lead the Pac-12 with nine sacks in 2016, and recorded 11 tackles and four sacks before his injury in 2017.
Crump should make an immediate impact on Arizona State’s defense, which just lost defensive tackle JoJo Wicker after he declared for the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Rattlers defeat Danger, punch ticket to United Bowl
- ASU basketball searching for answers as summer workouts begin
- Hurley felt familiar anxiety as ASU’s Dort, Cheatham waited out NBA Draft
- ASU RB Eno Benjamin makes list of 10 best running backs in 2019
- Cheez-It Bowl bringing Big Ten vs. Big 12 matchup starting in 2020