ASU hockey beaten by Quinnipiac in first NCAA Tournament apperance
The best season in Arizona State men’s hockey history came to its conclusion on Saturday night.
The Sun Devils were defeated by Quinnipiac, 2-1, in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
Brinson Pasichnuk scored the lone goal for No. 3 seed ASU, which was playing in its first tournament in the program’s four-year NCAA history.
Brinson Pasichnuk scores the first NCAA Tournament goal in @SunDevilHockey history and with one shot has ASU right back in the game!
— NCAA Ice Hockey (@NCAAIceHockey) March 31, 2019
ASU finished the season 21-13-1.
It was the program’s first 20-win season and winning season in its history.
- Arizona State Sun Devils still projected to play in Redbox Bowl
- Sun Devils’ Herm Edwards ‘wasn’t trying to tie’ vs. Oregon State
- Martin, House electric for Arizona State in win over Rider
- ASU fails to convert on late go-ahead 2-point try in loss to Oregon State
- Things get heated between Calgary Flames and Arizona Coyotes