Jalen Lecque slams home Top Ten-worthy dunk for NAZ Suns
Taking off from just inside the free throw line with two feet, Northern Arizona Suns guard Jalen Lecque made an early claim for dunk of the year.
— NAZ Suns (@nazsuns) January 25, 2020
To go along with his Sportscenter Top Ten nominee, Lecque finished with 11 points, four rebounds and two assists as the Suns lost the game against the Agua Caliente Clippers, 117-113.
The dunk by Lecque immediately brought memories of Dwight Howard in the 2008 Slam Dunk Contest and begs the question if an appearance in the Slam Dunk Contest might be in Lecque’s future should he soon break into the Suns rotation.
He is averaging 13.5 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 20 games with Northern Arizona. He appeared in one game for the Phoenix Suns, missing his only shot attempt against the New York Knicks.
Lecque was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Suns in July.
- G League’s NAZ Suns to leave Prescott Valley, move to Phoenix area
- Out of the shadow: Dasean Lecque chasing success of Suns’ Jalen Lecque
- Report: NBA teams expect rest of G League season to be cancelled
- Report: Suns release 2-way point guard Jared Harper
- Jalen Lecque one-ups himself with wild slam dunk in G League game