Coyotes buying out forward Michael Grabner
The Arizona Coyotes have waived forward Michael Grabner with the intention of buying out his contract, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.
Grabner signed with the Coyotes during the 2018 offseason, scoring 17 goals and earning 10 assists in 107 starts with the team.
The Austrian forward signed a three-year, $10.5 million deal in 2018 with the team. Grabner suffered a gruesome eye injury in December, 2018 that knocked him out for 41 games.
He missed 15 contests in the coronavirus-shortened 2020 campaign, scoring eight goals and adding three assists for the Coyotes.
Grabner scored three goals during the team’s nine Stanley Cup play-in contests in 2020.
- Arizona Coyotes come back to win, split series with Minnesota Wild
- Arizona Coyotes get blown out at home in loss to Minnesota Wild
- Arizona Coyotes drop 2nd straight game to Colorado Avalanche
- Lyndsey Fry skates across Valley in honor of Arizona Coyotes’ super fan
- Arizona Coyotes drop 2nd straight game to Los Angeles Kings