Cardinals QB Kyler Murray shows off ability to shoot from long range
It was already well documented that Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray was a two-sport athlete.
After getting drafted No. 9 overall in the 2018 MLB Draft by the Oakland A’s, he was drafted No. 1 overall in the 2019 NFL Draft by the Cardinals — making Murray the first player to ever be drafted in the first round of both sports.
The former Oklahoma Sooner on Sunday posted a video of himself on Twitter going 7-for-8 from the field, including hitting seven shots in a row for an 87.5% clip.
So should we add basketball to the dual-threat QB’s arsenal of talents?
Murray tagged the Phoenix Suns in his post and the team responded by pointing out that the No. 1 jersey already belongs to Devin Booker.
Not a bad couple of No. 1 jerseys to have in the Valley, especially when the Suns are closing in on ending a decade-long playoff drought with the second-best record in the NBA at 37-15.
And while the Cardinals’ postseason hiatus is only half of that, Murray and Co. will be looking to mirror the Suns’ success in the upcoming 2021 NFL season after losing in what was essentially a play-in game in Week 17 last year.
- Suns resting Devin Booker, Chris Paul for regular season finale
- Phoenix Suns roll past Spurs to keep hopes alive for No. 1 seed
- Suns come out hot in the first quarter to defeat Spurs on the road
- Suns’ Deandre Ayton out for second straight game with left knee soreness
- Phoenix Rising’s Didier Drogba sparked J.J. Watt’s love for soccer, Chelsea