New number, who dis? Cardinals’ Budda Baker changes jersey to No. 3
New number, who dis?
Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker announced on Sunday that he will be rocking the No. 3 jersey in 2021.
Baker’s “3rd times a charm” mantra is in reference to the fact that this will be the third number he’s donned in a Cardinals uniform as he goes into his fifth season in Arizona.
The three-time Pro Bowler started out as No. 36 his first two years in the Valley before switching to No. 32 ahead of the 2019 season.
Newly signed defensive lineman J.J. Watt approves.
change your number every year. keep QB’s guessing. I like the strategy. pic.twitter.com/lT0yTTcT4n
— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) May 2, 2021
Baker isn’t the first Cardinal to want to change his number to a single digit under the new rules.
Last month, All-Pro wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins posted a picture of himself rocking the same No. 6 he wore as a Clemson Tiger.
The change comes after NFL owners approved a rule change in April that would allow more players to wear single-digit numbers.
New positions that can now wear single-digit jerseys are defensive backs, linebackers, running backs, tight ends and wide receivers.
- ESPN ranks Arizona Cardinals as No. 3 pass-blocking offensive line
- ESPN’s Barnwell skeptical about Cardinals’ offensive weaponry in 2021
- Cardinals OT Kelvin Beachum hosts ‘family affair’ at United Food Bank
- Arizona Cardinals release backup center Lamont Gaillard
- Cardinals’ win-now mode dings them in ESPN’s Future Power Rankings