Pitchfork Preview: Arizona State hopes for rare road win against Oregon
Arizona State travels to Eugene, Ore., for its Saturday afternoon matchup against the Oregon Ducks at Autzen Stadium.
The Sun Devils (5-3) are coming off a 37-32 loss to Washington State, where they turned to true freshman quarterback Dillon Sterling-Cole due to Manny Wilkins leaving the game with an injury.
The Ducks (2-5) are coming off a 52-49 double-overtime loss to Cal and have yet to win a conference game this season. In the last loss of their five-game losing streak, Oregon started true freshman QB Justin Herbert, who completed 22 of 40 passes for 258 yards and six touchdowns to one interception.
Oregon leads the all-time series against ASU 18-16, and the Devils go into Autzen Stadium seeking their first victory against the Ducks since 2004.
Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m. and the game will air on Arizona Sports 98.7FM.
- Pac-12 football: The path to Thursday’s vote to start the regular season
- Pac-12, ASU still playing from behind in college football’s 2020 landscape
- Pac-12 2020 football season approved, set to begin on Nov. 6
- Former ASU golfers Mickelson, Rahm and Casey share U.S. Open tee time
- See former ASU football players who are on NFL rosters