Coyotes assign center Dylan Strome to OHL team in Erie
Arizona Coyotes center Dylan Strome is headed to the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League after seven games with Arizona.
The team announced the assignment of its top 2015 draft pick on Sunday.
Strome, who is 19 years old, has averaged 13:41 of ice time in seven games for Arizona and has recorded an assist in nearly 96 minutes total.
“Dylan has made exceptional progress and continues to make strides to being an elite center in this league,” Coyotes general manager John Chayka in a team release. “At this point in time we felt it was best for his development to get him back playing in junior, but his future in the NHL is very bright.”
Strome, who is from Mississauga, Ontario, was the Coyotes’ third overall pick in 2015.
- Former Coyote Mitchell Miller no longer on North Dakota hockey team
- Coyotes renounce draft pick Mitchell Miller after report of bullying, racism
- Coyotes Bill Armstrong discusses getting GM job, building roster
- Coyotes sign RFA forward Christian Fischer to 2-year deal
- Johan Larsson saw chance to make 1st playoff appearance with Coyotes