Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Cardinals sign lineman Adam Snyder
Snyder, who spent his first seven NFL seasons in San Francisco with the 49ers, has made starts at both guard and tackle throughout his career.
Arizona was an attractive destination for Snyder for many reasons -- including the opportunity to play alongside one of the game's most potent offensive weapons.
"Just watching from the sideline, you can't help but see the receivers and Larry Fitzgerald," Snyder explained. "That guy arguably is one of the greatest to have played the game and he's only getting better. So you can't help but notice him."
The 30-year-old's versatility was likely a big selling point for the Cardinals, as the team may have to replace both tackles as well as upgrade at guard.
Snyder was the division rival 49ers' starting right guard in 2011 and credits his success to the continuity of playing one position.
"I bounced around so much in San Francisco that I never really had a place to call home," Snyder said. "So I got to play just right guard this last season and I think it paid dividends in the end."
Snyder knows the Cardinals defense well, after playing against them for the past 7 years. The energy stemming from the players is an intangible he feels will benefit the team next season.
"When you have a defense like that, that is fired up to play the game, that's only going to help the entire team," Snyder said.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.