Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Cardinals sign lineman Adam Snyder
Snyder, who spent his first seven NFL seasons in San Francisco with the 49ers, has made starts at both guard and tackle throughout his career.
Arizona was an attractive destination for Snyder for many reasons -- including the opportunity to play alongside one of the game's most potent offensive weapons.
"Just watching from the sideline, you can't help but see the receivers and Larry Fitzgerald," Snyder explained. "That guy arguably is one of the greatest to have played the game and he's only getting better. So you can't help but notice him."
The 30-year-old's versatility was likely a big selling point for the Cardinals, as the team may have to replace both tackles as well as upgrade at guard.
Snyder was the division rival 49ers' starting right guard in 2011 and credits his success to the continuity of playing one position.
"I bounced around so much in San Francisco that I never really had a place to call home," Snyder said. "So I got to play just right guard this last season and I think it paid dividends in the end."
Snyder knows the Cardinals defense well, after playing against them for the past 7 years. The energy stemming from the players is an intangible he feels will benefit the team next season.
"When you have a defense like that, that is fired up to play the game, that's only going to help the entire team," Snyder said.
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.