Cardinals sign lineman Adam Snyder
Snyder, who spent his first seven NFL seasons in San Francisco with the 49ers, has made starts at both guard and tackle throughout his career.
Arizona was an attractive destination for Snyder for many reasons -- including the opportunity to play alongside one of the game's most potent offensive weapons.
"Just watching from the sideline, you can't help but see the receivers and Larry Fitzgerald," Snyder explained. "That guy arguably is one of the greatest to have played the game and he's only getting better. So you can't help but notice him."
The 30-year-old's versatility was likely a big selling point for the Cardinals, as the team may have to replace both tackles as well as upgrade at guard.
Snyder was the division rival 49ers' starting right guard in 2011 and credits his success to the continuity of playing one position.
"I bounced around so much in San Francisco that I never really had a place to call home," Snyder said. "So I got to play just right guard this last season and I think it paid dividends in the end."
Snyder knows the Cardinals defense well, after playing against them for the past 7 years. The energy stemming from the players is an intangible he feels will benefit the team next season.
"When you have a defense like that, that is fired up to play the game, that's only going to help the entire team," Snyder said.
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.