Updated Mar 14, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Cardinals sign lineman Adam Snyder
Snyder, who spent his first seven NFL seasons in San Francisco with the 49ers, has made starts at both guard and tackle throughout his career.
Arizona was an attractive destination for Snyder for many reasons -- including the opportunity to play alongside one of the game's most potent offensive weapons.
"Just watching from the sideline, you can't help but see the receivers and Larry Fitzgerald," Snyder explained. "That guy arguably is one of the greatest to have played the game and he's only getting better. So you can't help but notice him."
The 30-year-old's versatility was likely a big selling point for the Cardinals, as the team may have to replace both tackles as well as upgrade at guard.
Snyder was the division rival 49ers' starting right guard in 2011 and credits his success to the continuity of playing one position.
"I bounced around so much in San Francisco that I never really had a place to call home," Snyder said. "So I got to play just right guard this last season and I think it paid dividends in the end."
Snyder knows the Cardinals defense well, after playing against them for the past 7 years. The energy stemming from the players is an intangible he feels will benefit the team next season.
"When you have a defense like that, that is fired up to play the game, that's only going to help the entire team," Snyder said.
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Notes from the Nest: July 27, 2014
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.