Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 1:56 pm
Cardinals sign three restricted free agents
Safety Rashad Johnson, running back LaRod Stephens-Howling and cornerback Greg Toler all signed one-year qualifying offers from the team.
Johnson, a three-year veteran out of Alabama, saw action in all 16 games in 2011, starting 9 in place of the injured Kerry Rhodes. Johnson registered 50 total tackles, good for eighth on the team.
Stephens-Howling, who like Johnson was drafted in 2009, averaged 23.8 yards per kickoff return, and caught 13 passes for 234 yards and two touchdowns - including a 52- yarder in overtime to beat Dallas on December 4.
Toler missed the entire 2011 season after suffering a torn ACL in a preseason game against San Diego. The former fourth round pick out of St. Paul's intercepted three passes in his first two years in the league.
The team also announced that four exclusive rights players - quarterback Richard Bartel, running back Alfonso Smith, defensive end Ronald Talley and linebacker Brandon Williams - all signed contracts for the 2012 campaign.
- CBS Sports' Prisco: Re-signing Karlos Dansby not imperative for Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals re-sign NT Alameda Ta'amu
- Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
- Jay Feely sounds off on proposed extra point changes
- Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!