Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 1:56 pm
Cardinals sign three restricted free agents
Safety Rashad Johnson, running back LaRod Stephens-Howling and cornerback Greg Toler all signed one-year qualifying offers from the team.
Johnson, a three-year veteran out of Alabama, saw action in all 16 games in 2011, starting 9 in place of the injured Kerry Rhodes. Johnson registered 50 total tackles, good for eighth on the team.
Stephens-Howling, who like Johnson was drafted in 2009, averaged 23.8 yards per kickoff return, and caught 13 passes for 234 yards and two touchdowns - including a 52- yarder in overtime to beat Dallas on December 4.
Toler missed the entire 2011 season after suffering a torn ACL in a preseason game against San Diego. The former fourth round pick out of St. Paul's intercepted three passes in his first two years in the league.
The team also announced that four exclusive rights players - quarterback Richard Bartel, running back Alfonso Smith, defensive end Ronald Talley and linebacker Brandon Williams - all signed contracts for the 2012 campaign.
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Larry Fitzgerald celebrity softball game this Saturday
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- Arizona Cardinals' Terry McDonough: Emotion not a good tool for evaluating draft talent
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?