Updated Apr 16, 2012 - 1:56 pm
Cardinals sign three restricted free agents
Safety Rashad Johnson, running back LaRod Stephens-Howling and cornerback Greg Toler all signed one-year qualifying offers from the team.
Johnson, a three-year veteran out of Alabama, saw action in all 16 games in 2011, starting 9 in place of the injured Kerry Rhodes. Johnson registered 50 total tackles, good for eighth on the team.
Stephens-Howling, who like Johnson was drafted in 2009, averaged 23.8 yards per kickoff return, and caught 13 passes for 234 yards and two touchdowns - including a 52- yarder in overtime to beat Dallas on December 4.
Toler missed the entire 2011 season after suffering a torn ACL in a preseason game against San Diego. The former fourth round pick out of St. Paul's intercepted three passes in his first two years in the league.
The team also announced that four exclusive rights players - quarterback Richard Bartel, running back Alfonso Smith, defensive end Ronald Talley and linebacker Brandon Williams - all signed contracts for the 2012 campaign.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.