Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Cardinals president Bidwill: Kevin Kolb's 'contract is probably something we're going to need to address'
Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer all got a shot last season, with none of them staking claim to the job.
And while Skelton, Lindley and Hoyer would all come back on low-money contracts, Kolb is set to make some good money next season.
Good money, as in $11 million for his services in 2013.
So, given his lack of production over the last two seasons, will something have to change for Kolb to return to Arizona?
As team president Michael Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf as part of "Newsmakers Week", that would likely be the case.
"Kevin's contract is probably something we're going to need to address," he said. "It's a big number and given the productivity and the questions about durability and everything, that's something that I think the reality is we need to sit down and discuss."
Now, assuming the contract is re-worked and Kolb returns, the question becomes whether or not he does so as the team's starter.
That decision, Bidwill said, belongs to the coaching staff.
"They're all going to take a look at the quarterbacks that we have and really look at the tape," he said. "I know they've been looking at that, they've got a meeting [Tuesday] to talk about all the free agents, the people and everything along those lines.
"But I think it's really, let's take a look at the guys that are on our roster first."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l