Updated Feb 11, 2013 - 6:50 pm
Cardinals president Bidwill: Kevin Kolb's 'contract is probably something we're going to need to address'
Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer all got a shot last season, with none of them staking claim to the job.
And while Skelton, Lindley and Hoyer would all come back on low-money contracts, Kolb is set to make some good money next season.
Good money, as in $11 million for his services in 2013.
So, given his lack of production over the last two seasons, will something have to change for Kolb to return to Arizona?
As team president Michael Bidwill told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf as part of "Newsmakers Week", that would likely be the case.
"Kevin's contract is probably something we're going to need to address," he said. "It's a big number and given the productivity and the questions about durability and everything, that's something that I think the reality is we need to sit down and discuss."
Now, assuming the contract is re-worked and Kolb returns, the question becomes whether or not he does so as the team's starter.
That decision, Bidwill said, belongs to the coaching staff.
"They're all going to take a look at the quarterbacks that we have and really look at the tape," he said. "I know they've been looking at that, they've got a meeting [Tuesday] to talk about all the free agents, the people and everything along those lines.
"But I think it's really, let's take a look at the guys that are on our roster first."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday March 14Steve Smith sounds off
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday March 14How well have the Cardinals done in free agency?
- Karlos Dansby, Cleveland Browns linebacker - Wednesday March 12Cleveland Browns linebacker and former Arizona Cardinal Karlos Dansby discusses his signing with the
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Wednesday March 12Mark Schlereth of ESPN reacts to the early signings during NFL free agency.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.