Updated Mar 14, 2013 - 7:30 am
Report: Cardinals have interest in Brian Urlacher
Well, 13 years later those fans might have an opportunity to see Urlacher in Cardinal red.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cardinals are one of a few teams interested in signing the free agent eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker.
Urlacher has played his entire career with the Chicago Bears, but indications are that he's asking for more than what the team is willing to pay to keep him in the Windy City.
The Bears still haven't responded to the two-year contract proposal Urlacher's representatives gave the team last week. Instead, they let him hit the free agent market, presumably to let him gauge his value after 13 seasons with the Bears.
The Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys are also said to have interest in Urlacher, who started 12 games last season, racking up 68 total tackles and an interception which he returned for a touchdown.
The Cardinals are scheduled Thursday to visit with Minnesota linebacker Jasper Brinkley.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi - Friday March 14Steve Smith sounds off
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday March 14How well have the Cardinals done in free agency?
- Karlos Dansby, Cleveland Browns linebacker - Wednesday March 12Cleveland Browns linebacker and former Arizona Cardinal Karlos Dansby discusses his signing with the
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Wednesday March 12Mark Schlereth of ESPN reacts to the early signings during NFL free agency.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.