Updated Mar 14, 2013 - 7:30 am
Report: Cardinals have interest in Brian Urlacher
Well, 13 years later those fans might have an opportunity to see Urlacher in Cardinal red.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Cardinals are one of a few teams interested in signing the free agent eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker.
Urlacher has played his entire career with the Chicago Bears, but indications are that he's asking for more than what the team is willing to pay to keep him in the Windy City.
The Bears still haven't responded to the two-year contract proposal Urlacher's representatives gave the team last week. Instead, they let him hit the free agent market, presumably to let him gauge his value after 13 seasons with the Bears.
The Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys are also said to have interest in Urlacher, who started 12 games last season, racking up 68 total tackles and an interception which he returned for a touchdown.
The Cardinals are scheduled Thursday to visit with Minnesota linebacker Jasper Brinkley.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials