Updated Oct 1, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Carson Palmer is nothing more than a stopgap QB
Despite the fact that he is better than what they had last year, I was not in favor of bringing the ex-Bengal and Raider to the desert. And through four games, Palmer is exactly what he was for those two teams -- an at-best mediocre, dime a dozen quarterback who can put up some decent numbers at times but turns the ball over too much and doesn't win.
Palmer has four touchdowns and six interceptions with a brutal QB rating of 69.8 this season, and like magic has somehow found a way to make Larry Fitzgerald disappear for huge portions of the games. Now Palmer has done this, mind you, without facing the defenses of Seattle and San Francisco yet.
There was a thought that maybe Palmer could be a two-year stopgap, but let's end that discussion now. Arizona needs to get in on the 2014 quarterback draft class that should include Teddy Bridgewater, Brett Hundley, Marcus Mariota, Johnny Manziel, A.J. McCarron, Tajh Boyd and a few other solid prospects.
Arizona fans deserve a franchise quarterback that the Cardinals can build around, not a warm body just keeping the seat warm.
John Gambadoro, Co-host of Burns & Gambo
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.