Updated Jan 11, 2012 - 4:21 pm
Kobe Bryant on Suns: 'I don't like them'
Bryant lit up the Suns for 48 points in Lakers' win Tuesday night, his highest single-game point total in the regular season since he scored 49 against the Suns on March 1, 2009.
In fact, Tuesday's output marked the 9th time in 45 games since 2004 (when Nash returned to the Valley) and 11th time in his career that Bryant has scored 40 or more in a game against Phoenix. It definitely appears that Bryant has it out for the Suns.
"I don't like them, I don't like them, it is plain and simple," Bryant said. "I do not like them, they used to whoop us pretty good and used to let us know about it, and I will not forget that."
In the span between Shaquille O'Neal's departure in 2004 and the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol in February of 2008, the Lakers went 8-19 against the Suns, including the playoffs.
The Suns look to avenge their defeat to the Lakers in a rematch at Staples Center on February 17th.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?