Updated Jan 11, 2012 - 4:21 pm
Kobe Bryant on Suns: 'I don't like them'
Bryant lit up the Suns for 48 points in Lakers' win Tuesday night, his highest single-game point total in the regular season since he scored 49 against the Suns on March 1, 2009.
In fact, Tuesday's output marked the 9th time in 45 games since 2004 (when Nash returned to the Valley) and 11th time in his career that Bryant has scored 40 or more in a game against Phoenix. It definitely appears that Bryant has it out for the Suns.
"I don't like them, I don't like them, it is plain and simple," Bryant said. "I do not like them, they used to whoop us pretty good and used to let us know about it, and I will not forget that."
In the span between Shaquille O'Neal's departure in 2004 and the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol in February of 2008, the Lakers went 8-19 against the Suns, including the playoffs.
The Suns look to avenge their defeat to the Lakers in a rematch at Staples Center on February 17th.
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?