Updated Jan 11, 2012 - 4:21 pm
Kobe Bryant on Suns: 'I don't like them'
Bryant lit up the Suns for 48 points in Lakers' win Tuesday night, his highest single-game point total in the regular season since he scored 49 against the Suns on March 1, 2009.
In fact, Tuesday's output marked the 9th time in 45 games since 2004 (when Nash returned to the Valley) and 11th time in his career that Bryant has scored 40 or more in a game against Phoenix. It definitely appears that Bryant has it out for the Suns.
"I don't like them, I don't like them, it is plain and simple," Bryant said. "I do not like them, they used to whoop us pretty good and used to let us know about it, and I will not forget that."
In the span between Shaquille O'Neal's departure in 2004 and the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol in February of 2008, the Lakers went 8-19 against the Suns, including the playoffs.
The Suns look to avenge their defeat to the Lakers in a rematch at Staples Center on February 17th.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org