Updated Jan 11, 2012 - 4:21 pm
Kobe Bryant on Suns: 'I don't like them'
Bryant lit up the Suns for 48 points in Lakers' win Tuesday night, his highest single-game point total in the regular season since he scored 49 against the Suns on March 1, 2009.
In fact, Tuesday's output marked the 9th time in 45 games since 2004 (when Nash returned to the Valley) and 11th time in his career that Bryant has scored 40 or more in a game against Phoenix. It definitely appears that Bryant has it out for the Suns.
"I don't like them, I don't like them, it is plain and simple," Bryant said. "I do not like them, they used to whoop us pretty good and used to let us know about it, and I will not forget that."
In the span between Shaquille O'Neal's departure in 2004 and the Lakers acquiring Pau Gasol in February of 2008, the Lakers went 8-19 against the Suns, including the playoffs.
The Suns look to avenge their defeat to the Lakers in a rematch at Staples Center on February 17th.
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Phoenix Suns GM on Eric Bledsoe: 'I think he will be back at the end of the day'
- Phoenix Suns go all in on two point-guard lineups
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Broussard, ESPN NBA insider - Thursday July 17ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard gives his take on Eric Bledsoe’s contract situation with the Phoeni