Updated Oct 2, 2012 - 2:42 pm
Suns' Goran Dragic starts camp on sidelines
Dragic said he hurt the ankle when he stepped on the foot of teammate Jermaine O'Neal during a pickup game last week at US Airways Center.
"I was scared at first," Dragic said.
"It was looking bad. (Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson) thought it was fractured, but in the end everything is fine. Hopefully in a few days -- I don't know how the progress is going to go, but so far it is going well."
Dragic watched from the sideline as Sebastian Telfair filled the point guard position during the team's walk-through for an offense that he said has changed very little since his first stint with the team before he was traded to the Houston Rockets in 2011.
"All the actions are the same that two, three years ago so I know everything," he said. "We [did] add a new set [but] that's from Houston so I knew that too. That's a good thing."
The injury also kept him out of the conditioning drills at the end of practice.
"I mean I like running," he said. "I'm that guy. You have to run."
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso