Updated Oct 2, 2012 - 2:42 pm
Suns' Goran Dragic starts camp on sidelines
Dragic said he hurt the ankle when he stepped on the foot of teammate Jermaine O'Neal during a pickup game last week at US Airways Center.
"I was scared at first," Dragic said.
"It was looking bad. (Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson) thought it was fractured, but in the end everything is fine. Hopefully in a few days -- I don't know how the progress is going to go, but so far it is going well."
Dragic watched from the sideline as Sebastian Telfair filled the point guard position during the team's walk-through for an offense that he said has changed very little since his first stint with the team before he was traded to the Houston Rockets in 2011.
"All the actions are the same that two, three years ago so I know everything," he said. "We [did] add a new set [but] that's from Houston so I knew that too. That's a good thing."
The injury also kept him out of the conditioning drills at the end of practice.
"I mean I like running," he said. "I'm that guy. You have to run."
- Your Top Plays for Today
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.