Suns' Goran Dragic starts camp on sidelines
Dragic said he hurt the ankle when he stepped on the foot of teammate Jermaine O'Neal during a pickup game last week at US Airways Center.
"I was scared at first," Dragic said.
"It was looking bad. (Suns head athletic trainer Aaron Nelson) thought it was fractured, but in the end everything is fine. Hopefully in a few days -- I don't know how the progress is going to go, but so far it is going well."
Dragic watched from the sideline as Sebastian Telfair filled the point guard position during the team's walk-through for an offense that he said has changed very little since his first stint with the team before he was traded to the Houston Rockets in 2011.
"All the actions are the same that two, three years ago so I know everything," he said. "We [did] add a new set [but] that's from Houston so I knew that too. That's a good thing."
The injury also kept him out of the conditioning drills at the end of practice.
"I mean I like running," he said. "I'm that guy. You have to run."
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?