Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Rudy Gobert to work out for Phoenix Suns
Sacramento. ----->phoenix instagram.com/p/aHXpltN-xB/— rudy gobert (@rudygobert15) June 3, 2013
Gobert, a 7-foot-2 center from France, is the 11th- ranked prospect in this year's draft, according to draftexpress.com.
Offensively, Gobert was not a very prolific option for Cholet this season, being responsible for just 9.3% of their total offensive possessions and scoring 14.7 points per-40 minutes, but being incredibly efficient in the looks he did receive. He made an outrageous 74% of his 2-point attempts this season, with most of his offense coming as a pick and roll finisher, off cuts, offensive rebounds and transition opportunities.
On the downside, according to the site, Gobert does not make much of an impact if he is not scoring near the basket. He is very raw athletically and still needs to develop a go-to move in the post.
An interesting note on Gobert is that his wingspan of 7'8" is the longest ever measured, according to the site's extensive database. His standing reach is also very high at 9'7".
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the first round of the NBA Draft which takes place on June 27th.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.