Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Rudy Gobert to work out for Phoenix Suns
Sacramento. ----->phoenix instagram.com/p/aHXpltN-xB/— rudy gobert (@rudygobert15) June 3, 2013
Gobert, a 7-foot-2 center from France, is the 11th- ranked prospect in this year's draft, according to draftexpress.com.
Offensively, Gobert was not a very prolific option for Cholet this season, being responsible for just 9.3% of their total offensive possessions and scoring 14.7 points per-40 minutes, but being incredibly efficient in the looks he did receive. He made an outrageous 74% of his 2-point attempts this season, with most of his offense coming as a pick and roll finisher, off cuts, offensive rebounds and transition opportunities.
On the downside, according to the site, Gobert does not make much of an impact if he is not scoring near the basket. He is very raw athletically and still needs to develop a go-to move in the post.
An interesting note on Gobert is that his wingspan of 7'8" is the longest ever measured, according to the site's extensive database. His standing reach is also very high at 9'7".
The Suns hold the 5th and 30th picks in the first round of the NBA Draft which takes place on June 27th.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.