Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 5:24 pm
Phoenix Suns sign draft pick Archie Goodwin
The terms of the deal have not yet been released.
The Suns acquired the rights to Goodwin -- the 29th overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft -- along with Malcolm Lee from the Golden State Warriors in exchange for the 30th overall pick.
Goodwin, 18, played one season at the University of Kentucky, averaging 14.1 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists while earning Freshman All-SEC honors. He was also adept at driving the lane and drawing fouls: His 212 free throw attempts last season led the SEC.
A shooting guard in college, the 6-foot-5 Goodwin also may play the point for the Suns. He will compete for playing time among a backcourt that includes leading-scorer Goran Dragic, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown, Diante Garrett, newly acquired Eric Bledsoe and possibly Wesley Johnson, if re-signed.
Coach Jeff Hornacek has said Goodwin will be an asset when the Suns run open offensive sets.
Goodwin is expected to make his NBA debut with the Suns' Las Vegas Summer League squad on Saturday.
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.