Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 6:29 pm
Report: Greg Jamison lacking funds to purchase, run Coyotes
Prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison does not have enough money to buy the team and then operate the team, a report said.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, operating capital is currently the newest obstacle blocking the sale of the team to Jamison.
Basically, the report said Jamison may have the money to purchase the team, but keeping the lights on after could be an issue.
However, the latest cloud could have a silver lining.
The Jamison camp and other backers of a Coyotes sale still say a deal could get done soon if more capital is raised or an accommodating deal is worked out with the NHL.
The city of Glendale recently agreed to a 30-day extension of the agreement with the NHL to keep everything running at Jobing.com Arena, but we have to wonder when everyone involved, including the fans, says enough is enough.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.