Updated Aug 1, 2012 - 6:29 pm
Report: Greg Jamison lacking funds to purchase, run Coyotes
Prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison does not have enough money to buy the team and then operate the team, a report said.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, operating capital is currently the newest obstacle blocking the sale of the team to Jamison.
Basically, the report said Jamison may have the money to purchase the team, but keeping the lights on after could be an issue.
However, the latest cloud could have a silver lining.
The Jamison camp and other backers of a Coyotes sale still say a deal could get done soon if more capital is raised or an accommodating deal is worked out with the NHL.
The city of Glendale recently agreed to a 30-day extension of the agreement with the NHL to keep everything running at Jobing.com Arena, but we have to wonder when everyone involved, including the fans, says enough is enough.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.