Report: Greg Jamison lacking funds to purchase, run Coyotes
Prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison does not have enough money to buy the team and then operate the team, a report said.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, operating capital is currently the newest obstacle blocking the sale of the team to Jamison.
Basically, the report said Jamison may have the money to purchase the team, but keeping the lights on after could be an issue.
However, the latest cloud could have a silver lining.
The Jamison camp and other backers of a Coyotes sale still say a deal could get done soon if more capital is raised or an accommodating deal is worked out with the NHL.
The city of Glendale recently agreed to a 30-day extension of the agreement with the NHL to keep everything running at Jobing.com Arena, but we have to wonder when everyone involved, including the fans, says enough is enough.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 25Tippett tells Burns & Gambo why he thinks the Coyotes didn't get into the postseason
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 19Tippett goes over what the Coyotes have to do to make the playoffs. He also gives an injury update o
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 11Coyotes are making a late playoff push after beating Edmonton last night. Coach Tippett joins the sh
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes' Head Coach - Friday April 5Coach Tippett talks to Burns & Gambo about the win over Detroit and the moves at the trade deadline.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Thursday March 28Don talks about Mike Smith's contract, the Coyotes' offensive struggles, and how they can get back i