Updated May 7, 2012 - 3:06 pm
Marquette coach comments on Trent Lockett
Unlike the majority of the rash of recent transfers from ASU, Lockett is leaving for family reasons. His mother, Judy, was diagnosed with lymphoma in March, and Lockett is transferring to be closer to her. Lockett's family lives in Minnesota, just an hour flight away.
Monday, Marquette head coach Buzz Williams issued this statement about his newest Golden Eagle on the school's official website:
We are really excited to have Trent join our program. Even though his situation is unique, he will be a perfect fit for us on and off the floor. I have genuinely enjoyed getting to know Trent and his family over the last several weeks and I have great belief that he will finish his career here on a high note.
Lockett joins a Marquette team that went 27-8 overall and 14-4 in the Big East last season, and advanced to the Sweet 16 in Phoenix before falling to Florida.
Williams is returning a bulk of the talent from that squad, but does lose seniors Jae Crowder (2011 Big East Player of the Year) and Darius Johnson-Odom, so Lockett will be counted on to provide senior leadership from the day he steps on campus.
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.