Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 8:15 pm
Jahii Carson's mom vents frustration on Twitter
One of the repeating themes in many of ASU's losses this season is that the Sun Devils can't seem to get all of their key rotation players playing well at the same time.
Freshman guard Jahii Carson was excellent, scoring 22 points and dishing out seven assists. Senior wing Carrick Felix had 16 points and a career-high 18 rebounds. Sophomore Jonathan Gilling did have a key lapse in judgment in a one-possession game late in the overtime period, but without his six three-pointers, ASU doesn't extend the game to OT.
On the other side of the coin, guards Evan Gordon and Chris Colvin couldn't get untracked offensively, both going scoreless on a combined 0-for-6 shooting night.
Such losses are frustrating, especially when the win is there for the taking, but maybe nobody was more frustrated than Vanae Carson, Jahii's mother. If you don't believe it, just check out her Twitter feed from Wednesday night.
WOW!!! Mental lapses @ wrong time. Can't make dumb mistakes in OT games— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
I am so OVA this...just pissed @ mediocrity. Why can't we do what others teams do effortlessly???— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
Vanae also took the time to respond to others tweets about her son.
@kyle_odegard Jahii doesn't have many deficiencies, his team does.— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
But they didn't stop there.
@doughaller Gilling can't think the game. He's a shooter and that's it. A liability on defense and pitiful decision maker dribbling the ball— Vanae Carson (@K_Vanae) February 28, 2013
We're not saying Mrs. Carson isn't accurate with at least some of her observations, but she's probably putting her son in a difficult situation with fellow social media savvy teammates.
After all, Jahii has at least four games left in a Sun Devil uniform. At least.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition