The Arizona State Sun Devils won 21 games this season, which is more than double the number of games they were victorious in just one year ago.
Much of the credit has been given to freshman Jahii Carson, and rightfully so.
However, one would be remiss not to recognize the contributions made by some of head coach Herb Sendek's new assistants, and specifically those of Eric Musselman.
Musselman brought NBA experience to the college ranks, and his impact could lead to him getting looks from other schools about their own vacancies.
"I think Eric's going to have opportunities to look at head coaching jobs," ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Wednesday. "He's a very qualified coach. He did a great job, I think, teaching and working here. You know, we'd love to have him back.
"On the other hand, if somebody comes after him and offers him a head coaching job, I think he certainly would have to look at that."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike