Tippett won’t rule out Domi’s return Thursday vs. Chicago
Coyotes left wing Max Domi practiced with the team on Wednesday and could return to the lineup as soon as Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Domi hasn’t played since breaking a bone in his right hand on Dec. 8 in a fight with Calgary’s Garnet Hathaway, and he hadn’t practiced with the team before Wednesday.
“He’s been skating hard and he finally got the green light from the doctors to [go] full contact, full bore; he’s in the day-to-day range,” coach Dave Tippett said.
When asked if Domi could play Thursday, Tippett said: “That wasn’t the plan but we’ll see… We’ll see where it goes.
“He hasn’t played in a long time so it’s going to take him some time to get back up to speed but when he went out he was our leading scorer. He’s an impact game; plays the game fast, plays it hard, high skill. There’s lots to like about his game.”
Tippett said there have been lots of discussions about the wisdom of Domi fighting, given his importance to the team, but Tippett said those discussions will remain “internal.”
In 26 games this season, Domi has five goals and 16 points.
- Arizona Coyotes trade forward Tobias Rieder to Kings
- Coyotes trade deadline primer: Adding context to the rumor mill
- Coyotes’ Antti Raanta named as one of NHL’s three stars of the week
- Raanta’s first shutout as a Coyote leads team to 4th straight win
- Is Coyotes forward Max Domi really on the trade block?