Cardinals add another secondary piece by signing CB Jarell Carter
One day after adding veteran Tramon Williams to a contract, Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim has signed another player — rookie free agent cornerback Jarell Carter.
In corresponding moves, the team has waived/injured linebacker Alani Fua and cornerback Ronald Zamort. Zamort had been playing first-team reps before suffering a season-ending knee injury in Saturday’s Red and White Practice.
Carter played his college ball at Trinity International, an NAIA program in Deerfield, Illinois. As a senior in 2016, Carter started all 11 games, registered 66 tackles and led his team with three interceptions.
In 36 career games, he finished with 156 tackles, 28 passes defensed and six interceptions. Twice he earned NCCAA (National Christian College Athletic Association) All-American honors.
- Nothing to fear: Larry and David are here (at Cardinals OTAs)
- Cardinals sign former Falcons DT Terrell McClain
- Caliendo’s draft joke with Cardinals GM Keim led to some fake news
- Patrick Peterson’s absence from voluntary OTAs not captain-like
- On 1st day of OTAs, Cardinals’ Kingsbury tight-lipped about offense