Diamondbacks announce pregame activities for NLDS Game 3
Like it was for the National League Wild Card Game, downtown Phoenix will be rocking hours before Game 3 of the NLDS gets underway.
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced everything fans will need to know heading to the game on Monday.
First pitch is set for 7:08 p.m. for Game 3 between the D-backs and Los Angeles Dodgers, but fans who get there at 4 p.m. will get to experience a street festival along Fourth and Jackson streets. The festival will feature a live DJ, a beer garden, a postseason merchandise truck and the D-backs Street Team.
Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m. inside Chase Field. The gates open at 5 p.m.
The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by one of the greatest Olympic athletes ever and current Arizona resident Michael Phelps.
The National Anthem will be performed by Arizona rock and roll artist Roger Clyne, who is the lead singer of the band Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. A 90-foot by 180-foot American flag in the shape of the United States will be help by APS veteran employees and members of the Phoenix Police Department, the Phoenix Fire Department and Arizona Department of Public Safety.
The first 40,000 fans in the ballpark will receive a D-backs Rally Towel.
Tune in to 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station, your exclusive home for Arizona Diamondbacks playoff baseball.
- Diamondbacks swept by Rockies, eliminated from playoff hunt Sunday
- After strong start to 2018, D-backs fail to reach postseason
- With Cardinals’ win over Giants, D-backs knocked out of NL Wild Card race
- Patrick Corbin’s 44-pitch third inning costs D-backs in loss to Rockies
- Saturday may have been Corbin’s last Chase Field start as a Diamondback