Arizona Coyotes recall Kyle Capobianco from Tucson Roadrunners
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday that they recalled defenseman Kyle Capobianco from the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners.
The move corresponds with a transaction the Coyotes reportedly made earlier in the day, placing defenseman Joel Hanley on waivers, per 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Craig Morgan.
Capobianco has never played in the NHL and has been a prospect with the Coyotes organization since he was drafted by Arizona in the third round (No. 63 overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft.
In 17 games with the Roadrunners this year, Capobianco has two goals and 12 assists in 17 games with a +8 plus-minus rating and 12 penalty minutes.
Hanley, meanwhile, appeared in four games for the Coyotes this year after playing nine contests with Tucson. He did not record a point as he averaged 10:45 of ice time per game.
- Coyotes’ Alex Galchenyuk expected to miss regular season opener
- Arizona Coyotes reduce training camp roster to 31, send eight to Tucson
- Coyotes’ Antti Raanta to sport custom Kachina pads with alternate jersey
- Coyotes make third round of roster cuts, send four to Tucson
- As Coyotes look to finalize roster, injuries leave question marks