Arizona Coyotes recall Kyle Capobianco from Tucson Roadrunners
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday that they recalled defenseman Kyle Capobianco from the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners.
The move corresponds with a transaction the Coyotes reportedly made earlier in the day, placing defenseman Joel Hanley on waivers, per 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Craig Morgan.
Capobianco has never played in the NHL and has been a prospect with the Coyotes organization since he was drafted by Arizona in the third round (No. 63 overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft.
In 17 games with the Roadrunners this year, Capobianco has two goals and 12 assists in 17 games with a +8 plus-minus rating and 12 penalty minutes.
Hanley, meanwhile, appeared in four games for the Coyotes this year after playing nine contests with Tucson. He did not record a point as he averaged 10:45 of ice time per game.
- With Archibald suspended, Mario Kempe recalled to Coyotes
- Coyotes’ Josh Archibald suspended two games by NHL Player Safety
- Coyotes beat Preds behind Kuemper, score another shorthanded goal
- Arizona Coyotes recall Mermis in midst of defensemen injuries
- Coyotes return home to face contenders; Chychrun is day-to-day