Arizona Coyotes recall Kyle Capobianco from Tucson Roadrunners
The Arizona Coyotes announced Monday that they recalled defenseman Kyle Capobianco from the AHL’s Tucson Roadrunners.
The move corresponds with a transaction the Coyotes reportedly made earlier in the day, placing defenseman Joel Hanley on waivers, per 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s Craig Morgan.
Capobianco has never played in the NHL and has been a prospect with the Coyotes organization since he was drafted by Arizona in the third round (No. 63 overall) of the 2015 NHL Draft.
In 17 games with the Roadrunners this year, Capobianco has two goals and 12 assists in 17 games with a +8 plus-minus rating and 12 penalty minutes.
Hanley, meanwhile, appeared in four games for the Coyotes this year after playing nine contests with Tucson. He did not record a point as he averaged 10:45 of ice time per game.
- Coyotes trade deadline primer: Adding context to the rumor mill
- Coyotes’ Antti Raanta named as one of NHL’s three stars of the week
- Raanta’s first shutout as a Coyote leads team to 4th straight win
- Is Coyotes forward Max Domi really on the trade block?
- Clayton Keller’s first four-point game sparks Coyotes to third straight win