Coyotes sign prospect Tyler Steenbergen to entry-level contract
The Arizona Coyotes signed forward prospect Tyler Steenbergen to a three-year, entry-level deal on Tuesday, the team announced.
A fifth-round pick and the 128th overall selection in the 2017 NHL Draft, Steenbergen has posted 44-54-98 in 51 games for the Western Hockey League’s Swift Current Broncos this year.
He’s sixth in the WHL in points and tied for fifth in goals.
The 20-year-old, 5-foot-10 forward has recorded 120 goals and 125 assists in 262 career games with Swift Current. A Red Deer, Alberta, native, he also scored the game-winning goal for Canada in the 2018 World Junior Championship gold medal game.
- Coyotes’ Alex Galchenyuk to miss Tuesday’s game, Kuemper starts
- Arizona Coyotes sign 2017 draft pick Nathan Schnarr to entry-level deal
- Chayka, other Coyotes connections make Athletic’s ‘Top 40 under 40’
- Arizona Coyotes starting goalie Antti Raanta out indefinitely
- Arizona Coyotes’ 2nd straight loss wasn’t for lack of effort vs. Sharks