Coyotes sign prospect Tyler Steenbergen to entry-level contract
The Arizona Coyotes signed forward prospect Tyler Steenbergen to a three-year, entry-level deal on Tuesday, the team announced.
A fifth-round pick and the 128th overall selection in the 2017 NHL Draft, Steenbergen has posted 44-54-98 in 51 games for the Western Hockey League’s Swift Current Broncos this year.
He’s sixth in the WHL in points and tied for fifth in goals.
The 20-year-old, 5-foot-10 forward has recorded 120 goals and 125 assists in 262 career games with Swift Current. A Red Deer, Alberta, native, he also scored the game-winning goal for Canada in the 2018 World Junior Championship gold medal game.
- Coyotes’ Rick Tocchet: ‘I don’t want to be watching playoff hockey again’
- ‘Yotes notes: Coyotes discussing 8-year extension with Ekman-Larsson
- Coyotes ink center David Ullstrom to one-year, two-way contract
- Popular Crowd: Arizona Sports staff ranks favorite Valley athletes
- ‘Yotes Notes: Russian hunting, no NHL Draft decision yet for Tkachuk