Coyotes sign prospect Tyler Steenbergen to entry-level contract
The Arizona Coyotes signed forward prospect Tyler Steenbergen to a three-year, entry-level deal on Tuesday, the team announced.
A fifth-round pick and the 128th overall selection in the 2017 NHL Draft, Steenbergen has posted 44-54-98 in 51 games for the Western Hockey League’s Swift Current Broncos this year.
He’s sixth in the WHL in points and tied for fifth in goals.
The 20-year-old, 5-foot-10 forward has recorded 120 goals and 125 assists in 262 career games with Swift Current. A Red Deer, Alberta, native, he also scored the game-winning goal for Canada in the 2018 World Junior Championship gold medal game.
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds
- Coyotes ink goalie Merrick Madsen to entry-level contract
- Arizona Coyotes to recall Dylan Strome; Jason Demers done for season
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals
- Arizona Coyotes finish homestand with win over Mike Smith, Flames