Tucson Sugar Skulls unveil playing surface for their inaugural season
The Tucson Sugar Skulls unveiled their playing surface for the first time on Tuesday at Tucson Arena.
The field fits the dimensions of a hockey rink and features a unique shade of gray from end zone to end zone.
The field dimensions follow Indoor Football League regulations at 50 yards long and 28 yards wide with eight-yard end zones.
The Sugar Skulls are owned by Arizona Rattlers head coach Kevin Guy and his wife Cathy. Guy spent 10 seasons with the Rattlers and won four world championships in six championship appearances.
The newest IFL team kicks off its inaugural season on March 3, at the San Diego Strike Force.
The home opener is set for March 10 against the Bismarck Bucks.
- Arizona Rattlers run wild, stay unbeaten in San Diego
- Arizona Rattlers continue undefeated season in Sioux Falls
- Rattlers force 4 turnovers, rout San Diego for 2nd time in 3 weeks
- Rattlers use turnovers, big plays to stay unbeaten in Tucson
- Rattlers set franchise scoring record in blowout win over San Diego