The Arizona Cardinals continued their roster shuffling Thursday, signing running back Robert Hughes to the practice squad and releasing running back Mike Gillislee.
Hughes, 26, appeared in all 16 regular-season games for the Cardinals in 2014, running for 11 yards on seven carries and catching eight passes for 140 yards.
The Notre Dame product also played a big role on special teams, notching three tackles and a fumble recovery.
Hughes was released during final cuts in training camp.
- It’s time to start thinking about the Cardinals’ spot in the NFL Draft
- Josh Rosen explains a naughty rule to follow when making reads
- Losing to Oakland is rough, but might be best thing for Cardinals
- Rapid Reactions: Cardinals lose in disappointing fashion to Oakland
- Battle for the bottom: Loss to Raiders burns deep for Cardinals