The Arizona Cardinals continued their roster shuffling Thursday, signing running back Robert Hughes to the practice squad and releasing running back Mike Gillislee.
Hughes, 26, appeared in all 16 regular-season games for the Cardinals in 2014, running for 11 yards on seven carries and catching eight passes for 140 yards.
The Notre Dame product also played a big role on special teams, notching three tackles and a fumble recovery.
Hughes was released during final cuts in training camp.
- Report: Arizona Cardinals hire former Broncos DB coach Greg Williams
- A list of Kliff Kingsbury’s haters and skeptics
- Kiper’s 1st NFL mock: Bosa might be too good for Cardinals to pass up
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Report: Former Cardinals DC Al Holcomb hired by Browns