The Arizona Cardinals continued their roster shuffling Thursday, signing running back Robert Hughes to the practice squad and releasing running back Mike Gillislee.
Hughes, 26, appeared in all 16 regular-season games for the Cardinals in 2014, running for 11 yards on seven carries and catching eight passes for 140 yards.
The Notre Dame product also played a big role on special teams, notching three tackles and a fumble recovery.
Hughes was released during final cuts in training camp.
- Former Arizona Cardinals QB Mike Glennon signs with Oakland Raiders
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Pro Football Focus: Cardinals need to win the 2019 draft
- Chandler Jones visits local school as part of anti-bullying campaign
- Ricky Seals-Jones re-signs with Arizona Cardinals