The Arizona Diamondbacks have announced the hiring of Mike Ferrin as their new pre- and postgame show host.
Ferrin, who will be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM and on the Arizona Diamondbacks Radio Network, will also serve as the team’s secondary play-by-play announcer.
“Mike is known throughout the game for his incredible depth of baseball knowledge, his ebullient personality and of course, his classic radio voice,” said D-backs President & CEO Derrick Hall in a press release. “We are very excited to bring him into the D-backs family as part of our broadcast team.”
Ferrin comes to the Diamondbacks after spending the last eight seasons as a broadcaster for Sirius/XM MLB Network Radio, where he hosted “Power Alley.” He was also the station’s on-site host for the League Division Series, League Championship Series and annual Winter Meetings. He has also been a play-by-play broadcaster for the Arizona Fall League and Sirius/XM All-Star Futures Game for the last six seasons and, prior to joining Sirius/XM, was the play-by-play announcer for the Double-A Bowie Baysox, a Baltimore Orioles affiliate.
Ferrin can be found on Twitter here. A native of Chicago who graduated from Loras College in Dubuque, IA, he and his wife Erika will be relocating to the Phoenix area.
- D-backs’ Souza looks to bounce back after challenging 2018 season
- Diamondbacks’ David Peralta embracing leadership role
- Zack Greinke the lone D-back on SI’s top-100 list for 2019
- Hall: D-backs focused on Chase Field, far from determining future home
- Spring training guide: Everything to know for Cactus League baseball