Sun Devil Stadium is undergoing a major facelift, with the goal being to update the older structure to help make it one of the best venues in the Pac-12.
Phase 1 of the project was completed last September, and it included a revamped south end zone as well as the removal of some sections in the north end zone upper deck.
Phase 2, which began in December, involves remodeling the west side of the stadium with new seats, more leg room, premium seating and work on the outside of the student-athletics facility.
More on the entire project can be read here, and based on the newest renderings of the finished product, the stadium is going to look fantastic when it’s completed in time for the 2017 season.
- Phil Mickelson freestyles hole 13 of US Open Championship
- Chun An Yu qualifies for U.S. Open, joining other ASU golf greats
- Athlon: ASU’s Herm Edwards ‘has a tough job ahead in 2018 and beyond’
- Arizona talent ‘bursts back on the scene’ with strong MLB draft
- ASU, Arizona, GCU and high schools represent state in 2018 MLB Draft