Power forward Mirza Teletovic added a positive to the record books for the Suns’ 2015-16 season.
Teletovic made his 165th 3-pointer of the season with 8:22 remaining in the second quarter against the Atlanta Hawks Tuesday, setting a new NBA record for the most 3-pointers made by a reserve in one season.
He passed Chuck Person’s record of 164 made 3-pointers, set in the 1994-95 season with the San Antonio Spurs.
The 30-year-old started only one game this season and has played in 75 of the team’s 78 games.
Teletovic tied the record in style.
If there’s one shot that Teletovic hit Tuesday night that encapsulates him as a player, it’s that one.
Able to hit 3-pointers without the recommended footwork and at almost any angle, Teletovic has been one of the lone bright spots for the Suns this season.
Teletovic has scored 20 or more points in nine games this season while averaging only 20.8 minutes per game off the bench.
He finished with 12 points on 3-of-8 shooting from three Tuesday in the Suns’ 103-91 loss to the Hawks.
The Bosnian and Jon Leuer will both be unrestricted free agents this summer, leaving the Suns with no power forwards on the books for next season.
- Suns’ Ayton, Holmes ruled out for game against T-wolves
- Suns unable to catch up after rough first quarter against Hornets
- Suns’ Deandre Ayton, Richaun Holmes injured in loss vs Hornets
- Sports Illustrated gives Suns an F- midseason grade
- Suns fed up with fouls: Josh Jackson ejection part of 7-point Raptors play