Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- D-backs’ Robbie Ray throws strong outing with Opening Day a possibility
- D-backs uncertain about Zack Greinke’s status for Opening Day
- Diamondbacks ace Zack Greinke leaves with tightness in right groin
- Corbin and D-backs come up short against White Sox
- D-backs extend spring streak to six with win against the Royals