Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- D-backs starters benched, but offense comes through in win
- D-backs recall RHP Jake Barrett from Triple-A Reno
- D-backs’ Double-A affiliate Jackson wins Southern League championship
- Jimmie Sherfy talks about the dudes on the Diamondbacks, dude
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Jackson, Visalia playing for league titles