Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- Report: Former D-backs outfielder A.J. Pollock seeks $80 million deal
- Decisions loom for 6 key Diamondbacks free agents
- Former D-back Grace talks adversity at Arizona Sports HOF induction
- Hazen: Over next month, D-backs will lay out future one question at a time
- Diamondbacks mutually split with hitting coach Dave Magadan