Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Welington Castillo was moved from the paternity leave list to the bereavement leave list on Friday, the team announced in a press release.
The Diamondbacks said Castillo and his wife, Kissalry, experienced complications with the birth of their second child. The team did not disclose further details.
Castillo is expected to miss this weekend’s series in Boston.
Castillo was placed on the paternity leave list on Tuesday.
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: Ray, Delgado getting closer to MLB returns
- D-backs’ defense could be considered best in baseball despite injuries
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- Two Diamondbacks among those receiving toughest called third strikes
- Diamondbacks’ bullpen making a case to be seen as the best in baseball