Arizona Sports 98.7 FM has a special broadcasting tweak lined up Wednesday during the Arizona Diamondbacks’ game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
To honor legendary Dodgers play-by-play broadcaster Vin Scully, Arizona Sports will air the Dodgers’ call for the second inning, giving Arizona listeners and D-backs fans an opportunity to hear Scully’s voice live in his final month on the job.
The 88-year-old, who is now in his 67th season calling Dodgers games — he started in Brooklyn and moved with the team to Los Angeles — is retiring at the end of the 2016 MLB season.
The Diamondbacks and Dodgers will begin Wednesday’s game with first-pitch at 7:10 p.m. MST.
- It’s here Suns fans! A look at Arizona Sports’ NBA Draft coverage
- Arizona Sports 98.7 extends partnership with Diamondbacks through 2022
- Los Angeles Dodgers players tip their caps to Vin Scully
- Listen to Vin Scully’s guest call from the Diamondbacks-Dodgers game
- Yasiel Puig rocks ‘Win for Vin’ Scully cleats