The Arizona Cardinals have signed linebacker Cap Capi to their practice squad.
Capi replaces Cam Johnson, who was signed to the Cleveland Browns’ active roster.
Capi began this season on the Atlanta Falcons’ practice squad before being released on Sept. 20. He originally joined the Falcons on June 7 after entering the league in 2015 with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and also spent time on the Baltimore Ravens’ practice squad last season.
The 6-foot-3, 249-pound linebacker played his final two college seasons at Akron, where he posted 70 tackles, seven sacks, 15 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and three passes defensed.
- Cardinals OC swap to Leftwich comes with Rosen, Johnson in mind
- Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen not expected to miss time with toe injury
- What to know about new Cardinals offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich
- Starks: New Cards OC Byron Leftwich can bring concepts from past coaches
- The Cardinals offense under fired OC Mike McCoy: By the numbers