According to a report, the Arizona Cardinals have re-signed Kerwynn Williams to cover for an injured Chris Johnson.
Williams played the last two seasons with the Cardinals, appearing in 12 total games combined between regular season and postseason. He rushed for 411 yards in those 12 games, and scored one touchdown on 90 carries.
Williams was among the Cardinals’ final cuts in early September.
Johnson rushed just six times in the Cardinals loss to the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday for 34 yards, while rushing just twice for five yards the game before that.
Johnson missed the latter part of last season after fracturing his tibia against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 12.
- Report: Arizona Cardinals hire former Broncos DB coach Greg Williams
- A list of Kliff Kingsbury’s haters and skeptics
- Kiper’s 1st NFL mock: Bosa might be too good for Cardinals to pass up
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Report: Former Cardinals DC Al Holcomb hired by Browns