Twenty Years a ‘Yote: Shane Doan reflects on his NHL career, Part 2
This offseason, Arizona Coyotes veteran Shane Doan opted to return to hockey and the only team he’s known for a 20th go-round with the Coyotes franchise.
To reflect on the memories of his time in the desert, Arizona Sports’ Paige Dimakos sat down with the captain to talk about his career that’s spanned three decades.
For Part 2 of the series, Doan discusses the creativity he sees from the younger generation of hockey players and how social media has helped players pick up new tricks.
He also touches on the most talented players he’s played with and against, Arizona-bred Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews and expectations for a post-hockey life.
In the first episode of the series, Doan talked about his love for his adopted home, the loyalty he showed the Coyotes franchise — and vice versa — and his learning curve as an NHL player.
- Coyotes surrender lead late, fall in shootout to Predators
- Succession plan: Fischer could be Coyotes’ next great power forward
- Coyotes’ Rick Tocchet on Duclair’s departure: ‘It just didn’t click’
- Arizona Coyotes’ rally falls short against San Jose Sharks
- Coyotes’ Jordan Martinook wants to be more than a hard-working guy