No. 2 Clemson vs. No. 3 Ohio State: College Football Playoff preview
The road to the national championship continues Saturday when No. 2 Clemson and No. 3 Ohio State kick off in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl at University of Phoenix Stadium.
This season, the Tigers and Buckeyes both overcame a tough loss to make the College Football Playoff. Clemson went 12-1 winning the ACC title with a loss to Pitt, while Ohio State went 11-1 and did not earn a trip to the Big Ten Championship due to its loss to Penn State.
The winner of this semifinal will take on the winner from the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl between No. 1 Alabama and No. 4 Washington. This year’s Fiesta Bowl will be Clemson’s 12 straight bowl appearance and Ohio State’s 16th bowl game in 17 seasons.
Erin Maloney breaks down the matchup and gives you the key players to watch for each of the College Football Playoff matchups.
5 p.m. MST
KTAR News 92.3FM
- With uncertainty down low, Suns could add shot blocker in second round
- Former Cardinals tight end Chris Gedney dies at 47
- Q&A: College Football Playoff selection committee member Paola Boivin
- No. 9 Penn State tops No. 12 Washington in the Fiesta Bowl
- Fiesta Bowl coaches, A.D. react to ASU football hire, structure