A result of bad luck? The odds weren’t as favorable as many might believe.
Earning the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft might’ve been expected for die-hard Phoenix Suns fans who know the team’s history of never winning the lottery (to be fair, many of those years they weren’t in consideration as a playoff team).
The odds were that the Suns could very likely fall to fourth, and past lotteries have seen many teams with the second-best odds do the same. And as the top-3 went Tuesday night — the Celtics (via trade), Lakers and Sixers will pick first through third — big media markets earning those picks certainly could be viewed as a conspiracy.
No matter what you believe, Suns fans can all agree that they can’t have nice things as a result of the draft lottery.
- ESPN’s Pelton: Suns ‘might be best option’ for potential Kyrie Irving trade
- ESPN’s Pelton: Suns adding Jones may open door for future LeBron meeting
- Devin Booker reacts to his overall rating on NBA 2K18
- Suns rookie Josh Jackson draws high praise from a league scout
- Retired James Jones joins Suns prepped for VP of basketball ops job