Arizona Sports Insider Pass: Bad luck for the Suns, or is the NBA Draft Lottery rigged?
A result of bad luck? The odds weren’t as favorable as many might believe.
Earning the fourth overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft might’ve been expected for die-hard Phoenix Suns fans who know the team’s history of never winning the lottery (to be fair, many of those years they weren’t in consideration as a playoff team).
The odds were that the Suns could very likely fall to fourth, and past lotteries have seen many teams with the second-best odds do the same. And as the top-3 went Tuesday night — the Celtics (via trade), Lakers and Sixers will pick first through third — big media markets earning those picks certainly could be viewed as a conspiracy.
No matter what you believe, Suns fans can all agree that they can’t have nice things as a result of the draft lottery.
- Suns announce $1 million grant to build, refurbish 50 basketball courts
- Suns’ Jared Dudley reflects on current role with Suns on ‘The Woj Pod’
- Empire of the Suns Mailbag: Booker’s next step, Doncic’s fit, 2018 draft
- Suns sign second-round draft pick Alec Peters
- Phoenix Suns release ‘statement’ black alternate jersey for new season