Suns’ Marquese Chriss leaves game with left ankle injury
Phoenix Suns power forward Marquese Chriss exited the team’s Summer League game against the Memphis Grizzlies Thursday with a left ankle injury.
According to a report from NBATV’s Kristen Ledlow, Chriss was putting limited weight on his left foot.
Less than 10 games into his rookie season, Chriss was named the starting power forward against the Portland Trail Blazers on Nov. 8. In 20.3 minutes per game, the No. 8 overall pick in 2016 averaged 9.2 points and 4.2 rebounds a game and made the NBA’s All-Rookie Second Team.
Chriss joined Dragan Bender and Derrick Jones Jr. as players from last season’s roster to play for the team in the 2017 Summer League in Las Vegas.
The team finished 1-2 in their three games before tournament play began. They defeated the Utah Jazz 97-81 Wednesday, moving onto the single elimination bracket against Memphis.
- Suns’ Chriss, Dudley fined by NBA for altercation against Utah
- Suns recall big man Alan Williams from Northern Arizona
- NBA Draft Lottery odds tracker: Suns sniffing three first-round picks
- Suns’ Chriss, Dudley ejected after knocking over Jazz’s Rubio
- Suns assign Alan Williams to NAZ as he nears return from knee injury