Thanking Kurt Warner, Cardinals buy full-page ad in Arizona Republic
Officially, Kurt Warner is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
The quarterback who wore the No. 13 on the back of his jersey became the 13th Cardinal to make it to Canton, Ohio, in franchise history, and the team recognized him Sunday by buying a full-page ad in The Arizona Republic to congratulate Warner for his accomplishments.
Before listing the rest of the former Cardinals who have been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the ad reads:
“Today, the Red Sea is overflowing with pride.
The Professional Football Hall of Fame is home to the names of many Cardinals greats. We are proud to add one more to the class of 2017.
The one and only Kurt Warner.
Kurt, we thank you for your inspiration, leadership and ability to make us all jump out of our seats.”
In the Hall of Fame, Warner joins Cardinals Charles W. Bidwill (1933-1947), Jimmy Conzelman (1940-42, 1946-48), Dan Dierdorf (1971-83), John Driscoll (1920-25), Dick Lane (1954-59), Ollie Matson (1952, 1954-58), Ernie Nevers (1929-31), Jackie Smith (1963-77), Charley Trippi (1947-55), Roger Wehrli (1969-82), Aeneas Williams (1991-2000) and Larry Wilson (1960-72).
- Dealing Cards: Peterson vs. Bryant highlights Monday Night showdown
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Inside the Numbers: Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys
- The 5: Best Cardinals performances on Monday Night Football
- Finally humbled, Cowboys’ Prescott and Elliott look to respond