Coyotes will start rookie goalie Adin Hill vs. Stars
Rookie goaltender Adin Hill will debut for the Arizona Coyotes and start their Tuesday game against the Stars, coach Rick Tocchet announced at a morning skate in Dallas.
The 21-year-old drafted in the third round (76th overall) in 2015 was recalled on Monday for goalie Marek Langhamer and will start over Arizona backup Louis Domingue.
Through two games for AHL Tucson this season, Hill has 30 saves and one goal allowed in 93 minutes in net.
The decision comes amid the Coyotes’ 0-4-1 start to the year. Two of those games saw Domingue start in net as expected starting goaltender Antti Raanta continues to struggle with lower body injuries.
Domingue has played in four games and allowed 16 goals with a .862 save percentage.
- Former Coyotes share favorite memories of Shane Doan
- 2019 NHL trade deadline preview: What do the Coyotes do?
- With love for hockey and for people, Shane Doan rightly a Coyotes legend
- Three goals in 2 periods, Galchenyuk’s crafty moves lift Coyotes to big OT win
- Arizona Coyotes to retire Shane Doan’s No. 19 this weekend