Vince Marotta and Jarrett Carlen engage in Territorial Cup Roast Battle
Show host and long-time Arizona State Sun Devil fan Vince Marotta engaged in the first-ever Territorial Cup Roast Battle with producer, fashion icon and Arizona Wildcat lover Jarrett Carlen.
With the actual Territorial Cup battle set for Saturday at 8:00 p.m. on 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station between the Sun Devils and Wildcats, what better time could there be for both sides to head to battle?
Poignant attacks (jokes) were commissioned and defended (ineffectively) by both sides but in the end, five judges determined Jarrett Carlen for Arizona to be the winner.
The panel of five judges included former Phoenix Sun Tom Chambers, former Arizona Diamondback Luis Gonzalez, screenwriter Rhett Reese, 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station host Dave Burns and KTAR News 92.3 FM host Larry Gaydos.
Here’s how they voted:
Tom Chambers: Jarrett Carlen (UArizona)
Luis Gonzalez: Jarrett Carlen (UArizona)
Rhett Reese: Vince Marotta (ASU)
Dave Burns: Jarrett Carlen (UArizona)
Larry Gaydos: Jarrett Carlen (UArizona)
- ASU football’s episode of ’24/7′ on HBO nominated for Sports Emmy
- Former ASU WR Jaelen Strong rips the Texans’ Bill O’Brien
- ASU football delays spring practices, postpones NFL Draft pro day
- NCAA in favor of ‘eligibility relief’ for spring sport athletes
- NCAA cancels March Madness, other events, as coronavirus spreads