Toronto Blue Jays unveil powder blue uniforms ahead of 2020 season
Reinventing the color blue?
That’s what the Toronto Blue Jays are looking to do.
The team unveiled their new powder blue alternate uniforms at the team’s fan fest in Toronto over the weekend.
A video on the team’s Twitter account touts that it’s the blue of their past, and the team’s logo for life.
Back in the 1980’s, one of the team’s main jerseys was a powder blue.
The new uniforms are similar but feature a navy trim. It’s complete with a navy belt, socks and ball cap.
It’s capped off with a navy hat with a powder blue bill.
Baseball fans on social media had mixed reactions about the new look from approving:
To skeptical about the choice:
Some fans even pointed out the new threads look similar to the alternates of other teams, like the Kansas City Royals and the Minnesota Twins.
- Former D-back Bolsinger sues Astros after sign-stealing scandal
- By the numbers: D-backs’ three-game sweep on road vs. Blue Jays
- D-backs’ Nick Ahmed exits game against Toronto with foot injury
- Photographer, Blue Jays’ Troy Tulowitzki enjoy awkward photo shoot
- ESPN’s Schoenfield: D-backs could still retain J.D. Martinez