Arizona Coyotes wing Shane Doan has scored 371 goals in his career. Some have been tough, some have been lucky, and in the case of his second period goal Thursday against the Edmonton Oilers, they’ve been courtesy of a nifty redirect from your young teammate.
The goal came on a Coyotes power play with the game tied at 1-1 in the second. Max Domi, who scored a goal of his own in the third period, brought the puck in and redirected it to Shane Doan.
That is Domi’s eighth assist this season and Doan’s fourth goal. Domi, the 12th overall pick in 2013, is second in points for NHL rookies with 15, just one point behind Chicago Blackhawks wing Artemi Panarin.
- Coyotes sign 98.7 FM broadcast team to multi-year contracts
- Coyotes’ Ekman-Larsson embraces ‘face of the franchise’ role
- Arizona Coyotes officially agree to terms with four players
- Coyotes use cap space to acquire Hinostroza, Hossa contract via ‘Hawks
- Coyotes acquire Hinostroza in multi-piece trade with Blackhawks