Arizona Coyotes wing Shane Doan has scored 371 goals in his career. Some have been tough, some have been lucky, and in the case of his second period goal Thursday against the Edmonton Oilers, they’ve been courtesy of a nifty redirect from your young teammate.
The goal came on a Coyotes power play with the game tied at 1-1 in the second. Max Domi, who scored a goal of his own in the third period, brought the puck in and redirected it to Shane Doan.
That is Domi’s eighth assist this season and Doan’s fourth goal. Domi, the 12th overall pick in 2013, is second in points for NHL rookies with 15, just one point behind Chicago Blackhawks wing Artemi Panarin.
- ‘Yotes Notes: Keller’s records, Strome’s return, injury updates
- Coyotes score in bizarre fashion after goalie skates puck in own goal
- Coyotes’ Chayka is confident in future of the team’s core
- Clayton Keller breaks Coyotes rookie points record in win over Sabres
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds