Arizona Coyotes defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson was named team MVP and received the leading scorer award as the Coyotes announced their 2015-16 team awards on Saturday.
Ekman-Larsson leads the the team in points with 51 and is tied for seventh among NHL defenseman in total points with 20-31-51 in 70 games. The 24-year-old has 12 power-play goals this year to lead the Coyotes and established a new NHL record for game-winning goals in a season with eight. He is tied for the team lead in assists with 31.
Others receiving awards including captain Shane Doan, who won the three-star award, Jordan Martinook receiving the Jukka Nieminen Memorial Trophy, and defenseman Michael Stone was selected as the team man of the year for his dedication to the community.
The awards were voted on by the Coyotes broadcast media along with beat writers from the Arizona Republic and ArizonaSports.com.
- Battle for the bottom: Coyotes, Sabres vying with others for best lottery odds
- Coyotes ink goalie Merrick Madsen to entry-level contract
- Arizona Coyotes to recall Dylan Strome; Jason Demers done for season
- Trivia Tuesday: Top American-born goal scorers in NHL history
- Ekman-Larsson becomes 6th Swedish D-man to reach 100 goals