Former Arizona State guard Christian Westerman has been selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fifth round of the NFL draft.
Westerman played the last two seasons at Arizona State after starting his college career at Auburn.
In his first season as a starter in Tempe, Westerman earned honorable mention for the All-Pac-12 team at left guard.
As a senior, Westerman was second-team all-conference.
He led all offensive linemen at the NFL Combine in bench press reps with 34.
Westerman is the first Arizona State offensive linemen taken in the draft since guard Shawn Lauvao was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft.
- Arizona State basketball slips to No. 21 in AP Poll; UA jumps to 11th
- No. 16 Arizona State pulls away late, defeats struggling Cal
- ASU’s Bobby Hurley on slumping Tra Holder: ‘He kind of gets a pass’
- Mel Kiper’s first 2018 NFL mock draft has Cardinals taking DB
- No. 16 Arizona State drops to 2-4 in Pac-12 play after loss to Stanford