After 47 sports fashion showdowns and nearly 35,000 total votes, we have a champion in our first-ever Arizona Sports Uniform Playoffs …
The Cinderella story is complete! The Coyotes Kachina black road uniforms, which were worn from 1996 to 2003 — and a couple of other times for special throwback nights — entered the tournament as the 46th-overall seed in a field of 48 uniforms.
In the championship match, they garnered 56 percent of the vote, defeating the Phoenix Suns’ Barkley-era purple road uniforms.
Thank you so much for voting in the Arizona Sports Uniform Playoffs over the last few weeks here on ArizonaSports.com.
Now, somebody cue up “One Shining Moment” …
- Chris Paul’s impact on Phoenix Suns can’t be overstated
- ASU forward Kimani Lawrence returning for final year of eligibility
- NHL West Division playoff tracker: Coyotes hold onto 4th spot after loss
- Coyotes take early lead, ultimately fall 4-1 to Minnesota Wild
- Coyotes set to host inaugural Pride Night on Wednesday