After 47 sports fashion showdowns and nearly 35,000 total votes, we have a champion in our first-ever Arizona Sports Uniform Playoffs …
The Cinderella story is complete! The Coyotes Kachina black road uniforms, which were worn from 1996 to 2003 — and a couple of other times for special throwback nights — entered the tournament as the 46th-overall seed in a field of 48 uniforms.
In the championship match, they garnered 56 percent of the vote, defeating the Phoenix Suns’ Barkley-era purple road uniforms.
Thank you so much for voting in the Arizona Sports Uniform Playoffs over the last few weeks here on ArizonaSports.com.
Now, somebody cue up “One Shining Moment” …
- Coyotes surrender lead late, fall in shootout to Predators
- Phoenix Suns still without Chriss, expected to welcome back Warren
- Devin Booker ties for fourth in player All-Star voting for West guards
- Succession plan: Fischer could be Coyotes’ next great power forward
- Coyotes’ Rick Tocchet on Duclair’s departure: ‘It just didn’t click’