The Phoenix Suns’ 2016-17 season will get its start in Flagstaff on the campus of Northern Arizona University.
The team announced its plan to hold training camp up north, with the first practice being held on Sept. 27 and the final on Oct. 1.
The team will hold a public scrimmage on the last day at NAU’s J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome.
This year will be the 20th time the Suns have held camp in Flagstaff at NAU and fourth straight time since 2013.
“I am so happy that the excitement and expectations of a new season for the Phoenix Suns will start on the NAU campus and in the Flagstaff community,” said NAU President, Dr. Rita Cheng in a press release. “We all benefit as the Suns come together as a team to train in high altitude while reconnecting with fans and friends throughout northern Arizona.”
The Suns’ first preseason game will be against the San Antonio Spurs on Oct. 3, with the regular season opener coming on Oct. 26 when they host the Sacramento Kings.
- Report: Alex Len expected to sign with Suns before camp
- Suns announce $1 million grant to build, refurbish 50 basketball courts
- Suns’ Jared Dudley reflects on current role with Suns on ‘The Woj Pod’
- Empire of the Suns Mailbag: Booker’s next step, Doncic’s fit, 2018 draft
- Suns sign second-round draft pick Alec Peters