Arizona Cardinals fans can’t get enough of Larry Fitzgerald, and neither can Sports Illustrated.
Fitzgerald will be featured on one of four regional covers of the magazine’s NFL preview issue, which is set to be released Wednesday. It marks his sixth cover appearance for SI, with this one titled “Desert Feat: Larry Fitzgerald and the Cardinals Will Feel the Glow of their First Super Bowl Win.”
In this issue of the magazine, SI’s Greg Bedard picks the Cardinals to win Super Bowl LI over the Pittsburgh Steelers 40-37.
All four regional editions will get the same prediction of a Cardinals’ Super Bowl victory, but all four won’t have the same cover. Cam Newton of Carolina, Denver’s Von Miller and Antonio Brown of Pittsburgh are featured on the other regional covers.
The last time a Cardinals player found its way on the SI cover was this past January, when Fitzgerald was on it following his team’s victory in the NFC Divisional round over the Green Bay Packers.
Other Cardinals players who once graced the SI magazine cover were Kurt Warner, John Brown and Pat Tillman.
- The 5: Father-son sports duos and their ties to Arizona
- Cardinals’ Chase Edmonds plans to pay off sister’s student loans
- Cardinals sign WR Greg Little, release Cobi Hamilton
- Rosenthal’s NFL division power rankings: NFC West third-best
- Arizona Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks: We got better this offseason