Updated Mar 13, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Titans guard Jake Scott visiting the Cardinals
It's no secret the Cardinals intend to strengthen their receiving corps so, reports suggesting the team's interest in free agent wideouts Chaz Schilens and Laurent Robinson come as no surprise.
The Cardinals, who also have a need at right guard, are seeking to remedy that weakness via free agency, as well.
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted the Cardinals are set to meet with one of the premier pass protecting guards in the NFL.
Tennessee guard Jake Scott visiting Arizona Cardinals on Wedsnesday.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) March 13, 2012
Scott's strong pass blocking skills, durability and affordable cost could make him an ideal fit for the Cardinals.
Interestingly enough, Scott also won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in 2007. Could the Cardinals' interest in Scott have anything to do with placating any of Manning's concerns or further enticing the veteran quarterback to sign with Arizona?
Only time will tell.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.