Updated Mar 13, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Titans guard Jake Scott visiting the Cardinals
It's no secret the Cardinals intend to strengthen their receiving corps so, reports suggesting the team's interest in free agent wideouts Chaz Schilens and Laurent Robinson come as no surprise.
The Cardinals, who also have a need at right guard, are seeking to remedy that weakness via free agency, as well.
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted the Cardinals are set to meet with one of the premier pass protecting guards in the NFL.
Tennessee guard Jake Scott visiting Arizona Cardinals on Wedsnesday.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) March 13, 2012
Scott's strong pass blocking skills, durability and affordable cost could make him an ideal fit for the Cardinals.
Interestingly enough, Scott also won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in 2007. Could the Cardinals' interest in Scott have anything to do with placating any of Manning's concerns or further enticing the veteran quarterback to sign with Arizona?
Only time will tell.
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!