Updated Mar 13, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Titans guard Jake Scott visiting the Cardinals
It's no secret the Cardinals intend to strengthen their receiving corps so, reports suggesting the team's interest in free agent wideouts Chaz Schilens and Laurent Robinson come as no surprise.
The Cardinals, who also have a need at right guard, are seeking to remedy that weakness via free agency, as well.
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted the Cardinals are set to meet with one of the premier pass protecting guards in the NFL.
Tennessee guard Jake Scott visiting Arizona Cardinals on Wedsnesday.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) March 13, 2012
Scott's strong pass blocking skills, durability and affordable cost could make him an ideal fit for the Cardinals.
Interestingly enough, Scott also won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in 2007. Could the Cardinals' interest in Scott have anything to do with placating any of Manning's concerns or further enticing the veteran quarterback to sign with Arizona?
Only time will tell.
- The Pulse: Cardinals fans most excited to see division rivals
- A disappointed Darnell Dockett: Karlos Dansby 'chased the money'
- Arizona Cardinals 'bought right in' to offseason strength and conditioning program
- Arizona Cardinals' Dockett: 'Anything less than the playoffs is a failure'
- Thoughts on the 2014 Arizona Cardinals schedule
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.