Updated Mar 13, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Titans guard Jake Scott visiting the Cardinals
It's no secret the Cardinals intend to strengthen their receiving corps so, reports suggesting the team's interest in free agent wideouts Chaz Schilens and Laurent Robinson come as no surprise.
The Cardinals, who also have a need at right guard, are seeking to remedy that weakness via free agency, as well.
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted the Cardinals are set to meet with one of the premier pass protecting guards in the NFL.
Tennessee guard Jake Scott visiting Arizona Cardinals on Wedsnesday.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) March 13, 2012
Scott's strong pass blocking skills, durability and affordable cost could make him an ideal fit for the Cardinals.
Interestingly enough, Scott also won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in 2007. Could the Cardinals' interest in Scott have anything to do with placating any of Manning's concerns or further enticing the veteran quarterback to sign with Arizona?
Only time will tell.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.