Updated Mar 13, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Titans guard Jake Scott visiting the Cardinals
It's no secret the Cardinals intend to strengthen their receiving corps so, reports suggesting the team's interest in free agent wideouts Chaz Schilens and Laurent Robinson come as no surprise.
The Cardinals, who also have a need at right guard, are seeking to remedy that weakness via free agency, as well.
Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted the Cardinals are set to meet with one of the premier pass protecting guards in the NFL.
Tennessee guard Jake Scott visiting Arizona Cardinals on Wedsnesday.— Jim Thomas (@jthom1) March 13, 2012
Scott's strong pass blocking skills, durability and affordable cost could make him an ideal fit for the Cardinals.
Interestingly enough, Scott also won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in 2007. Could the Cardinals' interest in Scott have anything to do with placating any of Manning's concerns or further enticing the veteran quarterback to sign with Arizona?
Only time will tell.
- Arizona Cardinals lose Tyrann Mathieu for season, maybe longer
- Bradley Sowell, offensive line bounce back for Arizona Cardinals
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?